Image courtesy of Danilo Rizzuti at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Although not exactly a popular topic of discussion, vaginal dryness is an issue most women face at some point in their lives. Because of this, most people don’t realize just how common this problem is (yeah, it actually impacts about 95% of all women) or the joy that can be found working with your body to resolve the issue while maximizing your personal enjoyment when it appears.
Causes of vaginal dryness are fairly common and range from the following:
· Stress / Emotions
· Natural changes in hormone levels
So here’s the inside skinny. Our bodies function better with regular sexual activity. It keeps our juices flowing both literally and metaphorically. Studies show that natural lubrication keeps our organs in strong working order. But, as stated above, our emotional health is just as important. Making a connection with our partner on a deeper level enhances the sexual experience while helping to lessen our stress levels and strengthen our relationships is just as key. Time spent talking, sharing, and reminding each other of why you enjoy being together in the first place strengthens your bond, and enhances your intimacy. As it leads to sexual intimacy, your body’s natural juices will begin to flow. Of course, using a favorite organic personal lubricant from our fabulous Aloe Cadabra lineup helps enhance pleasure while aiding in the healing process.
When it comes to stressors in life, it doesn’t take much to picture the causes. Whether your stressors are caused by career, family, finances, or some other unlisted issues, it’s important to remember that you are in control and make a change. Take time to breathe, exercise, or relax with people you enjoy. Laugh. Have fun. But whatever you do, when stress starts to impact your mind and body, make a change. It will have an enormous impact on stress induced vaginal dryness, not to mention improve the rest of your life.
So what does this have to do with dryness? A healthy vagina’s made up of many layers of cells, stays lubricated with clear fluid, which keeps the vagina healthy, elastic and is noticeable when aroused. The amount of lubrication that occurs is affected by different factors such as the above list, along with low estrogen, fatigue, medications, pregnancy, drying and chemically based soaps.
Vaginal Dryness causes symptoms ranging from irritation, itching and burning, avoidance of sexual intercourse, lack of libido, and thinning and drying of the vaginal wall. Many women even believe that sex drive/libido go away during menopause. Reality is, studies have shown that’s not necessarily accurate. In fact, 80% of women report symptoms of vaginal dryness during perimenopause and menopause.
Here are a few basic options for dealing with vaginal dryness:
1. Drink plenty of water to ensure hydration. Eat a balanced diet and take nutritional supplements as needed.
2. Be careful about using harsh chemicals, soaps, douches and other products containing allergens, dyes and fragrances. They mess with your pH balance. Common chemicals to avoid are petroleum, silicone, propylene glycol, glycerin, chlorhexidine, phenoxyethanol and parabens.
3. Don’t forget the importance of sex. Natural lubrication may take a bit longer, but it is still there.
4. Use an organic certified personal lubricant. Make sure it is certified organic not just labeled “natural” and that will help to restore your own vaginal moisture. Aloe Cadabra is a leading organic certified lubricant containing 95% organic aloe. You want to read the labels and be AWARE of what you put in there! A lot of “Natural” ingredients are toxic, drying and well just not what you want on your most delicate parts.
At the end of the day, vaginal dryness is normal. There’s no shame in it, just a lack of discussion and understanding. In fact, it’s highly treatable in the most pleasurable of ways! All it takes is a little attention.